QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
For our plant in Roermond, The Netherlands we are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist who is motivated and interested in joining a dynamic team committed to learning and growing, combined with passion for food industry.
The main goal of this position is to assist the Quality Manager with maintaining, verifying and monitoring the Food Safety & Quality System, and to promote a Quality Culture within the company. In addition, you will also be responsible for the supplier approval process and complaint management along with promoting Good Manufacturing Practices throughout the factory environment.
- Ensure exceptional product quality and customer satisfaction are achieved through driving GMP, food Safety and Continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Maintain and improve the quality assurance and food safety plans
- Supplier approval processes, risk assessment and auditing suppliers, maintaining approved supplier list. Approve and risk assess new ingredients and packaging.
- Manage company quality management and food safety systems
- Working on continuous improvements.
- Coordinate the World Class Manufacturing Program of the Company, chair meetings and drive progress of pending projects.
- Handle the complete complaint process, from intake until the answers to the customer.
- Make complaint reports on a regular frequency
- Conducting root-cause analysis into complaints or other shortcomings.
- Create and keeping customer specifications up to date. Send these specifications out on request.
- Fill in customer specifications in their specific format or their web- based systems.
- Conducting internal audits and hygiene inspections.
- Conducting external audits.
- Attending specific customer testings.
- Any other tasks requested by the QA Manager in order to maintain the integrity of the Quality and Food Safety systems
- Assisting the production team with non-conforming products.
- Shall deputise in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Preferably HBO Food Technology or relevant industry experience
- Experienced in internal and external auditing
- Experienced in complaint management and root-cause analysis
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SAP ideally
- Good communication/negotiating skills
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Will show excellent attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP principles.
- Familiar with requirements of food standards like BRC and IFS.
- High level of competence in GMP programme and implementation
- Experience of implementing procedures and work instructions with Quality management systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement.
- Excellent Dutch and English verbal and written skills required and preferably German and/or French.
We offer a varied independent function which allows you to combine your passion for food and technology. You will receive a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit your motivation letter and CV in English at firstname.lastname@example.org