Kersten Middle East FZ-LLC is part of the Kersten Group with production facilities in The Netherlands, Germany, Poland and the United Arab Emirates with motivated team of around 200 bending professionals. The Kersten Group is an innovative and professional company specialised in bending technology for the bending of sections, tubes, and plates in Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium. The groups’ latest production plant is located in Ras Al Khaimah (UAE) and has been established in December 2013. Kersten Middle East is the leading company in the GCC region fully dedicated to bending sections and tubes in Mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. With a range of highly advanced cold bending machines we can bend small to large profiles such as tubes Ø48,3 to Ø508,0mm, Square or rectangular sections up to 500mm and beams up to 1,000mm.
Kersten Middle East is currently looking for a General Manager for a permanent position based in Ras Al Khaimah - UAE. The General manager has a key position in the organisation and a decision-making role in the strategic and commercial direction of the young and rapidly growing company. Your duties and responsibilities encompass the full array of activities of the company that are involved in maximizing the return on company’s investment and creating value for shareholders through effective strategy development, efficient operational control and organizational development, policy and procedure deployment. The General Manager will directly report to the Board of Directors.
Education & Experience
- Directs the company's activities to achieve the annual set targets and standards for performance (financial & operational), safety, quality, culture and legislative adherence.
- Day to day management of the business within the terms of the annual business plan approved by the board of directors.
- Represent the company in its relationships with others and in this respect, the GM has the power to deal in its name at companies and individuals.
- Organize the internal regime of the corporation, issue correspondence and oversees that the accounting is up to date.
- Identifies, develops and direct the implementation of business strategy.
- Develop and grow the company by supporting the extension of new bending capacities and technologies.
- Submit the projections for annual reports and financial statements, annual budgets, work programs and other activities to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Attend, with the right to speak but with no voting rights, the board of director’s meetings and international sales meetings.
- In charge of executing the provisions of the Board of Directors.
- Providing weekly and monthly unaudited management accounts for the board of directors.
- Developing the business and promoting the company’s presence in the Middle East region.
- Develop business networks and share networks with your local and international sales team.
- 60% of the time involved in sales and business development activities.
- Extensive travel within the UAE and GCC region. (mainly Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain)
- Identifying (new) ways to increase business and profitability.
- Creating and executing marketing activities in cooperation with the group marketing & communication department.
- Maintain a strong and proactive customer and supplier focus and develop good friendly working relationships with them.
- Closely liaise with other senior staff to ensure they are fully informed about strategy, operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- Support, mentor & coach all staff & bending professionals so they can become more complete, effective & progress. • Ensure safety as a critical part of daily operation, help prepare and follow company procedures and ensure others follow the same. Strive for zero accidents and eliminate or minimize hazards in daily activities.
- Successfully completed bachelor degree technical & commercial studies, for example: Industrial engineering & management science or Mechanical engineering.
- Minimal 4 to 8 years relevant experience with proven track record in a technical and/or commercial management position.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, engineering and maintenance.
- GCC experience is desirable but not essential.
- Passion to drive the sales and achieve the goals.
- Thorough understanding of marketing, sales and negotiating techniques.
- Commercial technical, entrepreneur, a strong leader, strategic vision and a bridge builder.
- Proactive, innovative and detail orientated.
- Hands-on mentality, Self-motivated and a Team player.
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in written and verbal English.
- Arabic language is an advantage, but not essential.
- Explore this diverse area of responsibility between technology, strategy and leadership? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Kersten Middle East offers an independent, challenging position at an international dynamic organization. We offer a.o.:
- A dynamic and innovative environment with a passion for bending technology.
- A rapidly growing, financial healthy and ambitious group of companies.
- Within Kersten entrepreneurship is a priority, you will get the full freedom and responsibility.
- Competitive salaries based on your education and experience.
For more information about this position please contact Mr. Rohan Bruggink, partner at SchakelPunt B.V. +31 (0)6 55 831741
Or send your resume to email@example.com
SchakelPunt is part of Schakel, an organization with a member structure which uses the Schakel Principle®. The Schakel Principle® is used to make thematic connections using a combination of technique and service. SchakelPunt provides additional (HR) services for members and non members. Kersten Group is supported by SchakelPunt for this procedure.