Maastricht School of Management (MSM) is one of the oldest and most international business schools in the Netherlands. Its mission is to provide education and advocacy for ethical management, inspiring leadership, innovative entrepreneurship and effective public policy, building on its unique history in working together with institutions in emerging economies for better global management.
MSM offers internationally and Dutch accredited MBA, Executive MBA, and DBA programs, in the Netherlands and in more than a dozen countries in the world. MSM also offers a wide range of certificate and diploma based executive programs, including tailor-made programs.
MSM strives to maintain a work environment based on a set of shared values, which enables the employees to develop their professional careers in teaching, research, consultancy and administration. MSM’s official language is English.
More information on MSM can be found on our website www.msm.nl
We are looking for a
JUNIOR PROJECT CONSULTANT / RESEARCH FELLOW (M/F)
(Full-time, 38 hours per week)
(starting date October 1, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter)
The Junior Project Consultant / Research Fellow reports to the Associate Dean International Projects and Consultancies.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Supporting the management and acquisition of international projects and consultancies, including proposal and report writing;
- Executing project related desk research and field research in developing countries;
- Organizing executive customized trainings and workshops for the global market;
- Facilitating matchmaking between different economic parties (private sector, public sector, civil society and knowledge institutions) within the framework of international projects;
- Contributing to activities related to entrepreneurship;
- Presenting project results to clients and others;
- Disseminating and managing project related information and knowledge;
- Supporting the further development of the International Projects and Consultancies Team.
- Master degree or equivalent in the field of Development, Business or Public Administration;
- At least 1 year of experience in an academic environment;
- Full proficiency in English. Full proficiency in French is an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Project management skills;
- Research skills;
- Prior experience with postgraduate teaching and writing proposals is desirable;
- Accuracy, customer focus, excellent communication skills, pro-active, result oriented, planning and organizing and cultural awareness.
- An exciting, independent, challenging job with the opportunity for personal growth in a multicultural environment;
- An attractive salary (salary scale 10 of the MSM CAO) and fringe benefits package.
For more information about this position, please contact Meinhard J. Gans, MSc, Associate Dean International Projects and Consultancies by email: Gans@msm.nl
To apply, please submit your CV and motivation letter in English online to: Ms. Marion A.G. Rutten-Klerckx, MA (law), Director Human Resources & Legal Affairs, by clicking the following link: web2.msm.nl/peopleinc/
Application deadline: September 25, 2017.
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated.