The Site Geleen encompasses 7 plants, including 2 Naphtha crackers, a Logistics unit, a Polypropylene and 2 Polyethylene units. The Naphtha crackers produce amongst others ethylene and propylene which are mainly used as feedstock for the successive poly-olefins plants. Our polyethylene product range includes all of the commodity thermoplastic polymers, linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), and high density polyethylene (HDPE). The polypropylene product range includes block copolymer and specialty automotive grades.
On the site we have operational units, which are based on the PMT-model (Plant Operation, Maintenance and Technical). Plant Operation is responsible for a safe and maximum production within the defined Safety Health & Environment / License to Operate goals. Maintenance is responsible for specification, scheduling and execution of the activities in the plant. The Technical department is responsible for the right suggestions and support to improve the production and maintenance processes, including process integrity, safety and legislation. The cross-functional Plant Improvement Team (which includes Plant Operation, Maintenance and Technical) identifies, selects and allocates resources to deliver a balanced portfolio of plant improvement opportunities that add the greatest value and focus on the most important activities. The purpose is to obtain strong functional teams to improve plant operation, reliability and sustainability.
To enhance our workforce we are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated (Sr.) Process Engineer for the Olefins 3 Naphta cracker.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Education & Training
- Responsible for an adequate level of expertise for dedicated process technology of a specific plant or process sections.
- Responsible for the process engineering integrity of specific plant(s) or process sections by:
- Review of Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) studies
- Review and maintain of plant operating window
- Review and analyze Asset performance and provide feedback
- Develop and propose manufacturing or business driven technological improvements
- Prepare and initiate process improvements & optimizations, including process engineering scoping of projects by means of:
- Defining scopes
- Feasibility studies
- Bring in specific plant or engineering knowledge
- Review engineering scope
- Member of Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP) committee and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies
- Responsible for translating external case history into actions for specific plant or process sections
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the petrochemical industry, preferably in the field of Manufacturing or Research & Development (R&D)
- Preferably knowledge of an Olefins plant
- Broad experience in developing, designing and optimizing chemical installations
- High standards for process safety
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to speak both Dutch and English with high proficiency level
For more information you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31 646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered