DCS SYSTEM ENGINEER
The Site Geleen encompasses 7 plants, including 2 Naphtha crackers, a Logistics unit, a Polypropylene and 2 Polyethylene units. The Naphtha crackers produce amongst others ethylene and propylene which are mainly used as feedstock for the successive poly-olefins plants. Our polyethylene product range includes all of the commodity thermoplastic polymers, linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), and high density polyethylene (HDPE). The polypropylene product range includes block copolymer and specialty automotive grades.
On the site we have operational units, which are based on the PMT-model (Plant Operation, Maintenance and Technical). Plant Operation is responsible for a safe and maximum production within the defined Safety Health & Environment / License to Operate goals. Maintenance is responsible for specification, scheduling and execution of the activities in the plant. The Technical department is responsible for the right suggestions and support to improve the production and maintenance processes, including process integrity, safety and legislation. The cross-functional Plant Improvement Team (which includes Plant Operation, Maintenance and Technical) identifies, selects and allocates resources to deliver a balanced portfolio of plant improvement opportunities that add the greatest value and focus on the most important activities. The purpose is to obtain strong functional teams to improve plant operation, reliability and sustainability.
Within the centralized Technical department, Process Control & DCS Systems is mainly responsible for the maintenance of the process control systems such as DCS (Distributed Control Systems), PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems). Additional, Control & DCS Systems provides in-house or via contracting, software changes in these systems.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Design and optimization of process control related systems. Person is allocated to one operational unit and he will be in charge for all process control related aspects.
Education & Training
- Acting within different aspects of process control/safeguarding and automation (e.g. product tracking applications, barge loading application etc.)
- Design, commissioning, tuning and optimizing of control loops, ESD (Emergency Shutdown) systems and compressor applications.
- Participate in projects regarding process control.
- Evaluate applications and systems designed by contractors.
- Responsible for test plans and IFT (Integrated Functional Test) documents.
- Document owner for logic diagrams.
- Executing, testing and commissioning of changes.
- Provide daily support regarding all process control issues.
- Supply second line support towards production organization and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) engineers.
- Identify potential problems and provide improvement proposals.
- Ensures proper functioning of several Process Automation applications and their interfaces to other systems.
- Initiate improvements in the process control domain.
- Perform basic maintenance of APC (Advanced Process Control) applications as well as implementing small adjustments.
- In exceptional cases: Plant support outside office hours.
- Participate in hazard reviews and root cause analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (e.g. Applied Physics, Process Control, Chemical Engineering or equivalent)
- 2 Total years of experience in Petrochemical Industry, preferably in the field of Manufacturing
- Experience with AspenTech Manufacturing Suite
- Excellent analytical / conceptual thinking
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Able to balance required delivery timing of short-term trouble shooting and long term project activities
- Ability to speak both Dutch and English with high proficiency level
For more information contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31 646103085
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered